Today I fetch my girl friend to go to the Sri Rampai immigration department to apply for the passport. I really impress about the efficiency of the process of applying a passport and the staff over there. It really different from other government department staff where all of them are smile when serving the customer.
You will be serve once you get the queue number from the reception counter, the staff told me that we may not get the passport at the propose time which is 1 hour due to their printing machine having some problem and still in fixing now. But it take exactly 1 hour to complete and pass the passport to our hand (from the time after the payment being make)
If all other government department can be such a efficiency, then it really help us a lot.
Here is some tips for people who like to apply for passport (over age 18):
* Prepared your photo before going there, (I think it cost about RM 10 to take 4 passport photos at any where) there are a lot of people asking you to take photo when you go near by, better don't follow them to go, just walk in to any photo shop near by there. If you let them to bring you in, they will charge more.
* Fill in the form when you waiting for the photo to be print at the photo shop, it cost you nothing for fill up by your own, if you let the sales people to help you up, again, they will charge for that.
* A photo copy of IC (Front and back)
* Original copy of IC
* Cash money RM 300 for passport with 5 years expire date and 32 pages
* Cash money RM 500 for passport with 5 years expire date and 64 pages
Here is some tips for people who like to apply for passport (over under 18):
* 4 photos
* Photo copy of birth certificate
* Original copy of birth certificate
* Parent, guardian IC (Original/photo copy)
* Forget the price for under 18
The passport cannot be use at this country, ISRAEL. But I don't think that much people like to go there.
Immigration Department Of Malaysia: http://www.imi.gov.my/